Friday, July 01, 2011

Summer Reading for Educators

This next bundle of books in my Books to Inspire link are for summer reading.

Nurture Shock is my professional selection.  It really challenges the way we go about teaching and rearing children.  By way of extensive research and case studies on intelligence, kindness, aggression, peer pressure, etc... the authors convey that we have mistaken good intentions for good ideas.  It is a compelling must-read for parents and educators.

My personal pick is Drive:  The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us.  I think you will come away with personal insights as to what motivates you.  There is even a tool kit with strategies for you to put to practice.

If I Never Forever Endeavor is my choice for Kid Lit.  The message is one to keep close to your heart:  believe in yourself, nestle close to encouragement, give your best effort!

What is on your summer reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment