Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Change of Scenery

I was blogging over at WordPress.  Now I am making the switch to Google Blogger.  I look at it as This Counselor's Journey 2.0.  Hopefully, I'll try it and I will like it. If not, what is the worst that can happen?  I just switch back. 

So, now seems like a good opportunity to re-post my piece on Change. 

Here is an old joke:  How many counselors does it take to replace a light bulb?  One, but the light bulb must really want to change.

Change.  Sometimes it is so confounding. We can be resistant and contrary, holding it at bay with all our might.  Then, at other times, it is welcoming and desired, like a breath of fresh air.

Change.  It can bring out the worst there is to offer-- wracking the body with stress and clouding one’s better judgment and perspective.  Or, it can bring us a restful night of sleep and a sense of abiding peace.


Change.  I plan to write more about this topic.  But, for now, I want to hear from you.  What makes change arduous for you?  What is it that makes it simple for you?

This is my first post to this blog.  I am excited by the opportunity.  As time goes by I hope to write about nurturing confidence, developing coping skills, becoming mindful, and fostering respect, just to list a few.

I will also share lessons learned from the students I have encountered, as well as the many people who have influenced this counselor’s journey.  Occasionally, I will address issues which affect all of us in the school community.  Always  from a counseling perspective.

I am hopeful that I will hear from you, too, and look forward to your comments as I continue along This Counselor's Journey.

In the meantime, good luck changing your light bulbs…

No comments:

Post a Comment